There are several possible statuses for titles in your collection:
- Licensed upfront: Your institution purchased a license for the title upfront (meaning that plays won't incur further fees for the duration of the license). Licenses typically expire after one year.
- Perpetual licensed upfront: Your institution purchased a license for the title upfront and the license doesn't expire.
- Mediated: Users can discover the title on your platform, but can't watch it. Instead, they can submit a request for your institution to consider adding the title.
- Excluded: The title is not available for your users to discover or watch.
- Included: The title is included on your platform for users to discover and watch, although it's part of an otherwise excluded or unsubscribed package. An "included" title has not yet reached enough plays to result in a purchased license.
- Licensed PDA: This is a PDA (Patron-Driven Acquisition) title that has reached enough plays on your platform to result in a purchased license for the title.
- PDA Active: This is a PDA title that users can view on your platform, but that hasn't reached enough plays to result in a purchased license.
- Free title: This title is available at no cost to your institution.
- Subscription: The title is available on your platform as part of a subscription package (meaning that plays won't incur further fees for the duration of the subscription).
If you'd like to discuss the status of titles in your collection, please contact your Kanopy account manager.