One of the best ways to know if you’ll like a movie or series is to watch a trailer. Trailers give patrons and librarians a quick and easy way to see if a video will be the right fit for the viewing occasion. And your patrons will feel more confident in choosing how to use their play credits.
For full details, please view our bulleted notes on trailers below
Video: how to view a trailer on Kanopy
Step by Step: View a trailer on a video page
- Click the trailer button located next to the “add to my watchlist” button. (note: not all videos will have trailers)
- A trailer box will pop up with the YouTube video player.
- Press the play button*
Some quick notes about trailers:
- Our most popular titles will feature trailers and we’ll add more trailers throughout the year
- While many videos include trailers, those that do not will not display the trailer button
- Trailers are not sourced directly through Kanopy and are provided by a third-party (Youtube)*
- A small percentage of trailers may show ads provided by third-party services and are not endorsed by Kanopy
- If you notice an inconsistency or an issue to report, we’ve provided a report button in the trailer pop-up box
- Playing a trailer will not deduct a credit or count towards the 5-second threshold
- Trailers are available on our web platform only for now. We will be rolling out trailers to our other apps and platforms in the future.
*Note: third-party ads may display before the trailer plays. Kanopy does not endorse and is not responsible for any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on or available through third-party sites or resources.