One of the best ways to know if you’ll like a movie or series is to watch a trailer. Trailers give patrons and librarians a quick and easy way to see if a video will be the right fit for the viewing occasion. By watching trailers, your patrons will feel more confident in choosing how to use their play credits.
For full details, please view our bulleted notes on trailers below.
Video: how to view a trailer on Kanopy
Step by Step: View a trailer on a video page
- Click the trailer button located next to the “add to my watchlist” button. Note that not all videos will have trailers
- A trailer box will pop up with the YouTube video player
- Press the play button*
Some quick notes about trailers:
- Our 3000 most popular titles feature trailers and we’re growing that number monthly
- While many videos include trailers, those that do not will not display the trailer button
- Trailers are not sourced directly through Kanopy and are provided by a third-party (YouTube)*
- If you notice an inconsistency or an issue to report, we’ve provided a report button in the trailer pop-up box
- Playing a trailer will not count towards time for your 5-second play threshold
- Trailers are available on our web platform and will be live on iOS starting Wednesday, July 28th, 2021. We will be rolling out trailers to Android and Smart TVs by the end of Q3 2021
*Note: Third-party ads may display before the trailer plays. Kanopy does not endorse and is not responsible for any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on or available through third-party sites or resources.