You can use the Title Requests tool to view, approve, and decline title requests submitted by your students and faculty in the past 90 days.
- Log in to your Kanopy admin account.
- From your Dashboard, select the My Titles tab.
- Select the Title Requests tab.
Here, you can see and take action on title requests from the past 90 days. An "instructor" or "faculty" label will appear if the request was submitted by an instructor or faculty member.
- (Optional) Click View Details for a request to see the requester's name, email address, role (e.g., student or instructor), course, and reason for request.
- Select Actions to take action on a request.
The actions available for each title will vary according to your platform's program type and the status of the title's package. Possible actions include:
- Add to cart: Add a license for this title to your cart and choose whether to notify the requesters about the approved request once it's purchased. Please note that you must check out your cart to complete your approval of this request.
- Add to PDA: Make this title available as part of your PDA (Patron-Driven Acquisition) program and choose whether to notify the requesters about the approved request.
- Decline: Remove the request and notify the requesters about the declined request.
- Delete: Remove the request without notifying the requesters.
Frequently asked questions
Can I see requests that are over 90 days old?
Yes. To download a full history of requests, click Export History on the Title Requests page (above the list of title requests).
Can I see all historical requests for a specific title?
Yes. Click View Details for a title request, then click Export Details from the title request details page to download a full history of requests for the title.
When are email notifications sent to requesters?
Email notifications are sent to requesters within an hour after a request is approved or declined.
Can I turn off email notifications?
Yes. When you approve a request, you can turn off email notifications by unchecking Requester will be notified on the confirmation page. When you deny a request, select Delete to bypass sending a notification to requesters.
Can I customize email notifications?
Yes. When you Add to cart, Add to PDA, or Decline a request, you can customize your notification to requesters using the comments box on the confirmation page. A preview of the notification email will appear on the right.
Can I email requesters directly (not through Kanopy)?
Yes. You can access requesters' names and email addresses on the title request details page.