Available upon request, The Title Curation tool empowers you as the admin for your Kanopy platform by allowing you to mediate and exclude titles in your catalog.
Once the tool is enabled, you should see an updated message at the top of your My Titles tab with access to the tool:
Curate a Video Title
Using the Title Curation tool is simple:
- Search for a film, either by title or Kanopy ID.
- Under Type of action, select mediation or exclusion.
- Provide a Reason for Curation.
- Click Add to Curation List to load the title into your curation list.
- Once you're done the title(s) whose status(es) you'd like to change, click Validate All Changes to activate the new title status.
Please note that clicking Validate All Changes is necessary for your curation changes to take effect. If you still see your titles in the curation list, then you haven't submitted the title curations yet.
Types of Actions
- Mediation: Add this title to be discoverable by your users, but require further approval via the title request form.
- Exclusion: Add this title to be excluded from discoverability and restrict viewing by your users.
I got the message, "This title is not part of a subscribed package for your library. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance." What do I do?
If you see this message, then a title you're attempting to curate is currently not part of a subscribed package for your library. Mediations and exclusions can only apply to titles that are already part of a subscribed package at your library.
If you see this message, please contact us.
Do I need to be on a Smart PDA program to use this tool?
No; however, this tool needs to be enabled for you if you are not a Smart PDA customer. To have the tool activated, please contact us.