About exclusion and mediation
When you exclude a title, it's completely removed from your platform. Users won't see the title in search results and won't be able to request it.
When you mediate a title, users can discover the title on your platform, but can't play it. Instead, they can submit a title request for your consideration.
In most cases, we recommend using mediation instead of exclusion since mediation allows you to evaluate user interest.
How to exclude or mediate titles
To exclude or mediate titles, please contact us. We can:
- Exclude or mediate titles for you
- Grant you access to Kanopy's title curation tool so you can exclude or mediate titles yourself
Using the title curation tool
Once we've enabled the title curation tool for you, you can exclude or mediate titles using these steps:
- Log in to your Kanopy admin account.
- From your Dashboard, select the My Titles tab.
- Select the Title Curation tab.
Note: If this tool isn't enabled, you'll see a message saying "Curation mode is currently disabled." Please contact us to enable this tool.
- In the "Curate a Video Title" section (near the bottom of the page), search for a film by title or Kanopy ID.
Note: You can find a film's Kanopy ID in title information exports and in MARC records.
- From the "Type of action" dropdown, select Mediation or Exclusion.
- Provide your reason for curation in the "Reason for Curation" box.
Note: This information is for your internal records but is also visible to Kanopy.
- Click Add to Curation List.
Note: You'll receive an error message if you try to curate a title that's not part of a subscribed package for your institution. By default, unsubscribed titles aren't available on your Kanopy platform. If you need more help with an unsubscribed title, please contact us.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for any other titles you'd like to exclude or mediate. When you're done, click Validate All Changes (near the top of the "Current Curation List") to activate the new title statuses.