Kanopy provides every active account with an administrative dashboard to access information and tools to manage their Kanopy website. There is one admin account created per platform, and this is different than a user account in the following ways:
- Provides access to the Analytics, Licenses, MARCs, and Invoices features to help you monitor and manage your program
- Does not provide user features like the watchlist, or ability to save clips and playlists
To access your administrative dashboard, start by going to your unique Kanopy website (example: [library].kanopy.com) and:
- Select "Log in" at the top right corner
- Enter your administrative dashboard username and password. Where the login prompt asks for an email address, go ahead and enter the username. Please note, if you do not have your library administrative dashboard credentials, please contact us and we will provide these to you.
- Once logged in, hover over the username that appears at the top right corner to access a dropdown menu of the available reports in your administrative dashboard.
The person using your admin account is not necessarily the designated contact for communications from Kanopy. To update or verify the contacts currently designated to receive invoices, request-for-purchase notifications, cataloging updates, or other general notifications from Kanopy, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The dashboard includes a number of sections for you to review:
- Dashboard homepage: Where you will find any current notifications from Kanopy in the top banner, where you can edit account information (i.e. name, password), and see the top films on your platform
- Analytics: provides over 30 detailed reports of live usage and engagement (e.g. usage by film and subject, top search terms, engagement actions of users, etc). For thorough information on how to use the analytics, refer to the Analytics section.
- My Titles: provides a full, updated list of all the titles available on your platform. Learn more about this tool here.
- Packages: provides an overview of the collections available under your library's program
- Licenses: This shows all film titles currently on license on your platform and their duration. If and when Kanopy is offering credit-free viewing for a film, we will do so by issuing a “license” to that film for the free access period. You can use this tab to see a list of currently credit-free films, when they expire, and a snapshot of usage on those films.
- Invoices: provides a record of all invoices from your library which you can individually download, or export to a full report including prices and titles.
- MARC Records: provides a sophisticated download tool for exporting MARC records for your library catalog. Learn more about MARC records here.