The administrative dashboard allows you to manage your Kanopy platform with analytics, MARC records, invoices, and more.
To access your administrative dashboard, you'll need your admin account credentials. There's one admin account per library. Contact us if you need help with these credentials.
To get to the dashboard:
- Go to your Kanopy website. Make sure you're not logged in as a user.
- Select Log in (next to "Have a Kanopy account?").
- Enter your admin username and password.
Note: Your admin username and password are case-sensitive.
- Your dashboard should open automatically. You can also open it from any page in your admin account by selecting the account drop-down (in the top-right corner), then selecting Dashboard.
To access different sections, use the tabs across the top of the dashboard.
Note: When signed in with your admin account, you won't have access to user features like the watchlist and custom playlists.
- Dashboard: Includes a summary of your monthly spend and new accounts, plus top videos at your library. From here, you can quickly access popular analytics tools and other helpful resources.
- Analytics: Includes an overview of recent activity on your platform as well as detailed reports on usage, audience, and engagement. Learn more about analytics and reports.
- My Titles: Includes a list of all titles available on your platform that you can sort, filter, export to Excel, or use to download MARC records. Learn more about the My Titles page.
- Packages: Includes a list of the collections available on your platform, organized by category or producer. You can select a package to see the films included and their usage.
- Licenses: Includes a list of all films your library currently has licensed with details about the duration of each license. Licenses for credit-free films are included in the list of licensed titles.
Note: The usage number you see for films on the Licenses tab only includes plays from the last year (365 days). To get usage information for a particular time period, use the reports on the Analytics tab.
- Financials: Displays your balance due, deposit balance, and budget remaining (if you have a budget cap). Includes all of your library's invoices, which you can download individually or export to a full report that includes prices and titles.
- MARC Records: Includes downloadable MARC records for your library catalog.