When embedding Kanopy titles, always use the embed link from the Kanopy website. To get an embed link:
- Go to the film's title details page.
- Select the Share tab.
- Next to "Embed This Video," click Copy Link.
To avoid issues embedding films, ensure that:
- Your Kanopy website is set up to use HTTPS: Many learning management systems require embedded links to use HTTPS. If your proxy system is set up to use HTTP only, please let us know and we can help you convert it to HTTPS.
- Your browser accepts third-party cookies: For Simple Access to work, Kanopy needs to be able to create a session cookie. If you have trouble watching embedded Kanopy videos, you may need to change your browser settings to accept third-party cookies.
- Your EZproxy stanzas don't point to a legacy domain: Kanopy previously used a different domain, which may still be listed in your EZproxy. If you have two Kanopy stanzas and one points to a domain other than kanopy.com, remove that stanza. If you have questions about reconfiguring your proxy for Kanopy, please contact us.