While your usage data tells you how much your users are using Kanopy, your engagement data tells you how engaged they are with the platform. These analytics are useful in determining how users are interacting with the films.
Types of Reports
- Summary: Provides a summary snapshot of the various different engagement metrics. Users can do various things on your Kanopy website to engage with films and provide feedback on them. This data is absolutely private and is always accessible to the user on their own dashboards.
- Comments: Outlines the comments that have been left on films. While no longer available as a feature on Kanopy, comments provided an avenue for users to share their thoughts with others and benefit from the opinions of others.
- Ratings: Lists all the films that have been anonymously rated by your users. After watching a film, a user can rate the film from 1 to 5 stars. This information can be used to identify the films that generated the most positive ratings from your users, as well as those that were less enjoyed. For university libraries, this feedback can be useful to pass along to faculty who use Kanopy films in their courses.
- Playlists: Details all the clips and playlists of films created by your users. Any user can create clips and playlists of films, but the feature is most typically used by university faculty who curate and edit films for courses. This report is incredibly insightful, particularly for identifying the films faculty are using and how they are integrating them into the course curriculum.
- Watchlists: Shows all of the films that have been added into user watchlists. Any of your users can create watchlists of their favorite or most valued films.
- Accounts: An overview of all new accounts for the current month.
A Note on User Information
All user data is strictly private and you will not have any visibility on your dashboard into the personal information of users. While you may be capable of seeing a playlist was created at your institution on your dashboard, you will not know the personal information of the person who created it.
All of a user's information can be accessed by that user at any time in the future. Even if the user leaves your institution or your institution changes the way it works with Kanopy, the user will always be able to log into their Kanopy account and access their user profile and personal engagement information.