Kanopy provides every active account with an administrative dashboard that allows library staff to access information and tools that will manage their Kanopy website. There is one admin account per platform, and admin accounts differ from user accounts in the following ways:
- They provide access to the Analytics, Licenses, MARCs, and Invoices features, which will help you monitor and manage your program
- They do not provide user features like the watchlist, or grant the ability to save clips and playlists
To access your administrative dashboard, start by going to your unique Kanopy website (example: [library].kanopy.com) and:
- Select "Log In" at the top right corner.
- Enter your administrative dashboard username and password. Where the login prompt asks for an email address, go ahead and enter the username. If you do not have your library administrative dashboard credentials, please contact us and we will provide them to you.
- Once logged in, hover over the username that appears at the top right corner to access a dropdown menu of the available reports in your administrative dashboard.
The person using your admin account is not necessarily the designated contact for communications from Kanopy. To update or verify the contacts currently designated to receive invoices, request-for-purchase notifications, cataloging updates, or other general notifications from Kanopy, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
The dashboard includes a number of sections for you to review. All of these tools can be accessed either from the tabs across the top of your dashboard, or from the dropdown menu that appears by clicking your library's Kanopy username (at the top right of your browser window). These tools are:
- Dashboard homepage: Here you will find any current notifications from Kanopy in the top banner. From this landing page you can also edit account information (i.e. name, password), and see the top films on your platform.
- Analytics: Provides over 30 detailed reports of live usage and engagement (e.g. usage by film and subject, top search terms, engagement actions of users, etc.). Here, you’ll find what films are being used and how often, who is using the films and how, and how users are engaging with the films. For thorough instructions on how to use the analytics, refer to the Analytics section.
- My Titles: Shows a full, updated list of all the titles available on your platform. Learn more about this tool here.
- Packages: Offers an overview of the collections available under your library's program. This feature provides:
- An overview of content selections. Through your PPU program (for public libraries) you can opt into different content packages by subject and/or content provider.
- A breakdown of usage by collection. This profiles overall usage by collection, giving you added insight into understanding which subjects and content providers are driving usage at your institution.
- Licenses: This details all film titles currently on license on your platform, as well as their duration. If and when Kanopy is offering credit-free viewing for a film, we will do so by issuing a “license” to that film for the free access period. You can use this tab to see a list of currently credit-free films, when they expire, and a snapshot of usage for those films.
- Invoices: Provides a record of all invoices from your library, which you can individually download, or export to a full report that includes prices and titles. It is important to note that the usage feature on the Licenses tab only clocks plays from the last 12 months (365 days). If you want to get the full picture of usage for a particular time period on various films listed, you may need to rely on the reports on the Analytics tab.
- MARC Records: Grants access to a sophisticated download tool for exporting MARC records for your library catalog. Learn more about MARC records here.