Kanopy provides very powerful analytics tools to libraries and institutions via their administrative dashboard. These tools are very useful for:
- Running performance reports on usage and engagement
- Sharing with liaison librarians to support outreach efforts
- Calculating ROI and assessing financial performance
On your administrative dashboard you will notice a number of different tabs that provide various pieces of information to help with different reports and analytics. Here is a snapshot example of a Library's Kanopy Analytics dashboard:
The top reports most heavily used by libraries are:
- The daily usage report - showing overall usage over time
- The engagement summary report - showing the highlights of user engagement (top comments, top rated films, etc)
- The PDA performance report - to calculate the performance of the PDA program to date and forecast future use
The Dashboard tabs
- The Analytics tab: this is the primary and most useful place to get your usage, audience, and engagement analytics for reporting purposes. Here, you’ll find what films are being used and how often, who is using the films and how, and how users are engaging with the films.
Please refer to the rest of the articles in this section for a detailed overview of the different reporting functionality Kanopy provides on the Analytics feature.
- The Packages tab: this will provide you with a summary of your PDA program from a content perspective. This feature provides:
- An overview of content selections - through your PDA program you can opt into different content packages by subject and/or content provider. This tab provides insight into your present content selections.
- A breakdown of usage by collection - this profiles overall usage by collection for added insight into understanding which subjects and content providers are driving the usage at your institution
- You may also see PDA triggers by collection from this tab as well as an overall program performance snapshot
There is also many reports on your Analytics tab providing usage by subject, film, content provider, etc which can be used in conjunction with these reports to get the full picture of the performance of your program.
- The Licenses tab: this will provide a list of all films and collections you currently have licensed to your website including information on those licenses and usage statistics since the product was licensed.
It is important to note that the usage feature on the Licenses tab only clocks plays from the last 12 months (365 days). If you want to get the full picture of usage for a particular time period on various films listed, you may need to rely on the reports on the Analytics tab.