Kanopy provides very powerful analytics tools to libraries and institutions via their administrative dashboard. These tools are very useful for:
- Running performance reports on usage and engagement
- Sharing metrics with liaison librarians in order to support outreach efforts
- Calculating ROI and assessing financial performance
To access the Analytics tool, first log in to your Kanopy account using your administrative credentials. Then, either select the "Analytics" tab at the top of your homepage, or select "Analytics" from the dropdown menu at the top right, accessible by clicking on your library's Kanopy username.
On your Analytics dashboard you will notice a number of different tabs that provide various pieces of helpful information. Here is a snapshot example of a library's Kanopy Analytics dashboard:
The top reports most heavily used by libraries are:
- The Daily Usage Report: Showing overall usage over time
- The Engagement Summary Report: Details the highlights of user engagement (top comments, top rated films, etc.)
- The Play Credits Tracker: Used to calculate the performance of the PPU program to date and forecast future use
Please refer to the rest of the articles in this section for a detailed overview of the different reporting functionality Kanopy provides on the Analytics feature.
There are also many reports on your Analytics tab providing usage by subject, film, content provider, etc which can be used in conjunction with these reports to get the full picture of the performance of your program.