The usage reports are generally the most valuable and regularly accessed reports on your administrative dashboard. They report which videos are being used and provide perspectives on overall usage (for example, usage by day, film, supplier, etc.) as well as the information necessary to support ROI analysis (cost per play).
Types of Reports
- Daily Activity: This report is the most popular, providing a summary of usage by day (visits, pages, plays and minutes). It shows trends in demand and usage over time. It can also summarize usage for a specific time frame; just use the the calendar at the top right to specify a desired time frame for analysis.
- Videos: Provides a breakdown of usage by individual films, sorting the films by most popular (based on plays).
- Subjects: Details a breakdown of usage by different subjects, sorted by most highly played. This report is particularly valuable for liaisons in their outreach efforts on campus as it helps with identifying the departments that are getting good value from the resource, as well as those that might not be using it and may need to be engaged with to become more aware of its availability.
- Suppliers: Offers a breakdown of usage by content provider. This report is helpful for identifying which content provider collections are most valuable and for COUNTER reports.
- Monthly Budget Tracker: Specific to public libraries on the PPU program. This report profiles, for a relevant month, the total play credits incurred to date, both by item and by overall budget snapshot (formerly known as "Play Credits Tracker"; see also: What is the "Monthly Budget Tracker?")