Audience reports detail how, when, and where your users access Kanopy. While viewing these reports, you can select a column header to sort by that field and adjust the date range in the top-right corner.
Learn more about terms used in these reports.
Audience reports include:
- Summary: Summarizes various audience metrics, including devices used, views by day, terms searched, and more.
- Countries: Tracks pages, plays, and minutes by country. Kanopy does not geo-block, so users can access the platform while traveling abroad.
- Operating Systems: Tracks pages, plays, and minutes by the operating system used to access Kanopy. The "OS name" column includes entries like "Windows" or "OS X." The "OS version" column displays the specific operating system version, such as "11" or "Monterey."
- Devices: Tracks pages, plays, and minutes by the device used to access Kanopy. The "Device type" column includes entries like "Television" or "Mobile." When available, the specific device (e.g., "AppleTV" or "iPhone 13") is shown in the "Device model" column.
- Days of the Week: Tracks pages, plays, and minutes by days of the week.
- Hours of the Day: Tracks pages, plays, and minutes by time of day.
- Referral URLs: Tracks pages, plays, and minutes by referral URL. A referral URL is the web page a user was on when they clicked the link to access your Kanopy site. "No Referrer" means the user accessed the site directly (e.g., through a browser bookmark or by typing the URL directly into the address bar). Navigation within the Kanopy site also counts as "No Referrer." For example, if a user accesses a page on your Kanopy site from a link on social media and then goes to ten other film pages, one page will be logged for the social media site, and ten pages will be logged for "No Referrer."
- Search Keywords: Lists keywords searched by users and the film title they accessed from the search results. If a keyword search doesn't result in the user watching a film, the search is excluded from this report. This report also shows the pages, plays, and minutes for each row.
- Patrons: Details play credits used and number of titles played by each patron. The report contains separate columns for regular play credits used, KKids (play credits used and titles played), and KSeries (play credits used and titles played).