While employing Kanopy's Pay Per Use (PPU) program, you have access to sophisticated MARC record management tools through your admin dashboard. Available by clicking the "MARC Records" tab, these features allow you to manage your MARC records on an ongoing basis.
The most typical process for managing your MARC records when on PPU is to:
- At PPU Launch: Use the "Marc Records" tab and click on the button under "Download all available MARC records" export MARC records for all the titles available from your catalog. Importantly, this will only generate MARC records for the films you have elected to activate.
- Ongoing Updates: While live on PPU, we will be notifying your library of key updates (additions and deletions) on an ongoing basis. These notifications will arrive quarterly via email.
As you continue to utilize Kanopy, you can also download new and updated MARC records from your admin dashboard via two options:
- Most typical: When returning to access and download records for new films added to your PPU program, it is best to select the button under "Download new MARC records since your last download" on the "MARC Records" tab.
- Alternative: Simply click the button under the "Download all available MARC records" feature and then overlay the new MARC file with your existing catalog to import the new records. To do this, you can use the 001, 030 or other fields as a unique identifier.
- Adding new packages: This option is best used if you add a collection to your PPU program after launch. In this case, visit the "PPU Packages" tab and select the MARC export button (the small "MR" button) located to the right of the desired collection. You can also use the second option above by exporting all records and overlaying the new MARC file with your existing catalog to import the new records that you have just activated.
For information on how to access your admin dashboard, see here.
For more detail on our MARC records and other details related to them, see here.