What is the Title Exclusion tool?
If you are on an active PDA program, you can request to exclude certain titles from appearing to your users.
The Title Exclusion tool is found within the My Titles section of your dashboard. To navigate to the My Titles page, be sure to log in with your admin account. Located on the top navigation bar, click on My Titles. On the top-left of the screen, you should see a tab labeled “Title Exclusion” which is a subpage within the My Titles page.
NOTE: the Title Exclusion tool is only available for customers with PDA Active titles. Learn more about Statuses here.
On the Title Exclusion page, you will find the following tools:
- Table with all excluded & exclusion pending titles
- Delete selected - delete titles from the Title Exclusion
- Request to Exclude a Video - submit a request to exclude a video
Request to Exclude a Video
To request a video to be excluded, use the “Request to Exclude a Video” tool located at the bottom of the page:
- Search by video title (be sure to use exact title matches)
- Select the video
- Fill in the “Reason for excluding this title”
- Click on “Request to Exclude” to add the selected video to the table (this will change the status of the video title to ‘Exclusion Pending’)
Your request will be reviewed and processed by one of our Collection Workflow Consultants. Once approved, the status of the video will change to ‘Excluded’ in the table.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or want to explore additional exclusion options.
Delete Videos from Title Exclusion
You can also delete any excluded videos or exclusion requests by selecting the titles you want to delete, and clicking on “Delete selected” at the bottom of the page. This will remove any titles from the table and make them discoverable to your users.
NOTE: If you accidentally delete excluded or exclusion pending videos from this table, you’ll need to request them to be excluded again. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need guidance on how to use this tool.